Fodor's Essential Peru
with Machu Picchu & the Inca Trail
Fodor’s Travel Guides
- Machu Picchu is one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and the country has 11 UNESCO World Heritage Sites including the cities of Lima and Arequipa.
- The nation’s culinary scene has taken center stage in recent years, with Peru being named the best culinary destination in the world for 6 years in a row.
- Tourism is a key sector in regions across Peru, generating $4.9 billion in 2018. The number of international tourists is expected to rise to 7 million in 2021, when Peru celebrates its 200-year anniversary as a democratic republic. In 2018, 641,280 tourists from the US visited Peru
- New front cover has eye-catching full-bleed images with key selling points on the front
- New back cover is fully-redesigned
- “Best of” Lists will visually engage the reader and provide an overview of the entire destination (best things to eat, see, do, drink, as well as what to read and watch before going)
- Visually focused with more color and images including more full and half-page images throughout and color-coded category icons
- Other useful features including Great Itineraries, Calendar of Events, What to Know Before You Go, Top Museums, Incredible Ancient Wonders, What to Buy, and Top Tours
- “Travel Smart” (logistical planning tips section) now at the front of the book and redesigned to be more infographic in feel
- Stronger Voice and Opinions give all Fodor's guides more personality. Books are more friendly and conversational in tone, going beyond informational to being inspirational
CURATED AND RELEVANT:
- Focused coverage on only the best places so travelers can make the most out of their limited time.
- Carefully vetted recommendations for all types of establishments and price points.
- Shortened reviews presented with brevity and focus.
Please see additional key selling points in the book’s main description.